Miniature Chocolate Chip Cookies: yields approx. 36
100g / 1/2 cup light soft brown sugar
65g / 1/3 cup caster sugar
112g / 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 large free range egg
260g / 1 3/4 cup plain (all purpose) flour
1 tsp baking powder
100g / 3/4 cup chocolate chips
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until soft and fluffy.
3. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat to combine.
4. Add the flour and baking powder and mix to combine into a dough.
5. Gently stir in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
6. Take a small ball of the dough (about 2 tsp's worth) and roll into a ball then place on greased baking tray and flatten. Leave a little room for spreading.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 8 - 10 mins until cookies are just firm to the touch
8. Leave to cool on baking trays for 2 minutes before transferring onto cooling racks.
This dough will freeze perfectly so if you don't want 36 cookies, just roll into a log and pop the dough in the freezer.
The cookies weren't as chewy as I would like - I might try adding condensed milk next time & a little less flour.