Easter.

Jesus Christ is risen today, alleluia
****************
  
I have been reading the account of Jesus' last days on Earth over the last few days. It has been humbling to remember all that went on in those last days. He washed his disciples feet and told them to do the same for one another, remembering that a servant is not greater than his master. He told his disciples,

'let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God. Believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go to prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where i am you may be also.' (John 14 v 1 - 3)

Jesus spoke of heaven and love and peace, knowing that His death was iminent - death at the hands of men. He prayed for us, that we might be protected while here on Earth.

'These things I have spoken to you while I am still with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you.......And now I have told you before it takes place, so that when it does take place you may believe.' (John 14 v 25 - 27)

Jesus knew he would be betrayed by one of the men whom he had drawn alongside and called a friend. He knew that in order to return to be with His Father, He would have to endure a most hideous death, and yet he spoke of all these things, as only He could do, because He is God.

Easter is about new life that Jesus gives us through his death and resurrection. Wonderfully, we have reminders of new life all around us, year in, year out. Death is necessary, but new life always comes, and because of Jesus, we need not fear the end of life on Earth because, as his death showed us, death is not the end if we believe in Him who gives us life. No greater love has ever been shown, and no greater hope will ever be found than the love and hope we have in Jesus. Wow

Jesus Christ is risen today, Alleluia!
our triumphant holy day, Alleluia!
who did once upon the cross, Alleluia!
suffer to redeem our loss. Alleluia!

Hymns of praise then let us sing, Alleluia!
unto Christ, our heavenly King, Alleluia!
who endured the cross and grave, Alleluia!
sinners to redeem and save. Alleluia!

But the pains which he endured, Alleluia!

our salvation have procured, Alleluia!
now above the sky he's King, Alleluia!
where the angels ever sing. Alleluia!

Comments