viennese biscuits

So it's Friday afternoon and I want to bake. Something simple, something homely, something pretty & something tasty. I think viennese fingers will do just the trick.

They're quick, they're easy & it would probably be possible to bake them with your eyes shut if you wanted to give yourself that kind of challenge. {They took 25 minutes to get from raw ingredients to warm biscuits on the cooling rack.}

I found the recipe here. My only suggestion would be that if your mixture is stiff, perhaps try adding a tiny slosh of milk to soften it. I think that my wrist & hand muscles have increased in strength from trying to push the mixture through the piping bag. It was seriously stiff. I popped my piping bag in the oven for a minute or so, which softened the mixture, but I am not sure I would recommend this. Just stick with adding milk if necessary and save the bother of getting fat wrists.


I think these light as air buttery bites will go perfectly with a cup of hot chocolate after an evening walk tonight.

For my gluten free friends - I think these would work just as well with rice flour.

Comments