Day Three


{snapshots of 2012 so far}

The Christmas break has come to an end and we are back in our little home, gearing up to get ready for the New Year. I know that we are already on Day Three of 2012 but I don't feel like I've got settled in yet. I need to get my bearings back - back to remembering what day of the week it is - I consider that one of the luxuries of holidays that you have no need of knowing one day from the next. 

We welcomed in the New Year in a civilised fashion, standing on top of Telegraph Hill, looking out across London where we could see the fireworks sparkling around the London Eye in all their glory, with good friends & champagne and a whole lot of good cheer. I didn't take my camera with me for a change, so I am afraid the only evidence I have from New Year's Eve is of the miniature burgers which our friends ate in a pub in Camberwell. {We settled for the regular  huge burgers which weren't quite so cute.}

2011 was the year I trained to be a teacher, and was amazed to land my first teaching post in a school that I love; it was the year that we celebrated our first wedding anniversary & went on lots of weekends away. It was the year that I set up my very own little shop & made my first giant wedding cake. 2011 saw three of our grandparents celebrate their 90th birthdays, and sadly saw my Nanny's life come to an end in her 80th year. 

I have very little idea of what 2012 has in store for us. Hopefully a couple of big adventures (which of course, I will share here), and almost definitely plenty of baking & blogging. 



Comments

  1. Happy New Year, Hannah! I look forward to another year of your blog, our friendship and maybe the year in which my own blog is created! Who know's! Lots of love, see you tomorrow - the other Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Hannah and John. As always, excited to hear about your adventures here and to get lots of great baking tips! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment