chasing the light

Yesterday afternoon, at about 3pm, I was doing a little still life photos shoot in our living room. As I moved my subjects closer to the window to get as much light as possible in the dimly lit room, I looked at the skies and longed for a more colourful & less grey back drop. I searched the skies for the slightest glimpse of blue, and had to take a photo to remember that little bit of colour. Even though I knew it wasn't an exciting photo, I decided to blog about it, because I felt like I needed to drink in every little glimpse of colour.




A little later at 4.20pm, I was aware of our flat filling with light. I did a quick run around to every room, looking at the sky to the East, then to the West, amazed that despite the greyness of the day, there was colour at dusk. 


I decided that I needed drop everything & go to a good spot to watch the sunset. As I was on the verge of lugging my bike down the stairs, my phone rang. It was my good friend Hannah, and I knew that she would take no offence at me saying, 'I'm just dashing out to catch the sunset!', keeping our conversation brief so I could find where the light was falling. 


I was so eager to drink in as much of the glorious beauty as possible that I didn't notice I was cycling with a completely flat front tyre! I'm so glad I decided to take the moment to spontaneously run out of the house, because this sight soothed my soul no end.




Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. And God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. Genesis 1:3-5 

Comments