Christmas Sewing


For the last few months, I haven't been able to think much beyond the 1st of December. I'll be honest, I haven't thought about decorating our home for Christmas, or advent calendars, or what Christmassy treats I might bake. I haven't made a Christmas card list and I haven't started Christmas shopping. 

The reason for my lack of organisation with all things Christmassy is that I have been busy preparing for my first ever Christmas Craft Fair. which happened yesterday evening, on the 1st of December. Oh my. It felt like a big undertaking, like we were playing a big game, except it was all a bit real.

Thankfully I was not running my stall single handedly. I had my wonderful partner in crime, Rebekah, with me. (We set up our Folksy shop together & I couldn't do this without her.) We pulled up at the Great Hall of Bristol Grammar school, slightly overwhelmed by the volume of products other vendors seemed to be carrying in. One of my friends who is a teacher at this school, and who had organised this event, was there to greet us in all her calmness. She said that if all else failed and we needed to calm down, she could take us to the physics labs and make us a cup of tea. What a brilliant lady she is.

So we set about lining up our products, accompanied by the tunes of Christmas music, which instantly took me back to my childhood Christmases watching Home Alone. You know the part where Kevin is wandering the streets of New York by himself, looking into the Toy Store windows, and longing for his family? Then, the bit at the end by the Christmas Tree in Times Square where he sees his Mum? Well, the music that plays during those scenes was helping us to get busy and feel Christmassy last night.


John came along to give us a bit of support and kindly bought us yummy food from the hog roast while we hoped, and hoped that some people might like to buy our wares. I have to admit, it wasn't quite as successful as we had hoped. I came home with almost as many items I had left with, and felt ever so slightly defeated by attempting to sell my wares. But that's ok. It was fun & Christmassy, and we met some lovely people.

So, I now have a surplus of stitched goods, which I will be adding to our Folksy shop later today!


{Rebekah with our little stall in the Great Hall}

Comments

  1. Well done on your Christmas Fair Hannah - sorry it didn't go quite as well as you hoped. I've done quite a few fairs now and it is so hard to tell what will sell and what you will be left with - or things you sold loads of last time don't sell at all! Do try again and don't give up, I am sure your stall and goods were just lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your encouragement Helen. There is a possibility that I might try again at another Christmas fair this year, so I need to take a deep breath and dive back in to the scary world of putting my creations out there in the hope that people will like them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment