Christmas Light

Today was the last day of the school term, and I have spent much of the afternoon enjoying the glow from our Christmas tree lights & flickering candle flames. Such simple pleasures.




Last Christmas {our first Christmas together as newlyweds} we bought a baby Christmas tree in a pot, still growing. That tree has been faithfully growing on our little patio all year long. We brought our tree indoors last weekend and gave it a bit of a trim. It is now a rather odd shape, but I kind of love that this tree has grown with us over the last year, and I love to think of all of the Christmases to come, imagining that this tree will keep growing with us over the years. Maybe one day it will have a real garden to live in, where it can be king of the trees. It may well not last us for as many years as I hope for, but I like to dream that maybe it will.

Comments