Saturday celebrations

This weekend we headed back to Herne Bay for all kinds of friends & family fun.


Our first stop was Grove Ferry, where we went for a lovely long walk for a friend's birthday. We did up walking in complete darkness, which was a little interesting. I am just very thankful that I was not in charge of getting everyone back to the car park safely, otherwise we would have been spending the night in a field.


John kindly carted my camera along on the walk, and consequently, we got better photos of cows than of me:


Exhibit a)


I think the camera may well have been on auto focus for this shot, and as a result, was far more excited by Becky's impressive walking with her head facing backwards & wild arm gesticulations than by my face.


Exhibit b)


 I'm going to call this one he cow and she cow, don't ask why, I just think it works

Now, with this next photo, if you look at it and think, 'wow, that is a little bit....grey, isn't it?' you would be very justified in having that thought. It was a well and truly grey day. If I could speak to myself on this day with knowledge of tomorrow I would say, 'don't worry, the sun will most definitely come out tomorrow.'


 The fun of someone else taking charge of my camera was that when I looked through, there were lots of little surprises. When I saw this photo, I wondered if Tim was about to attempt to climb this taller-than-him tree stump, or if he'd just triumphantly climbed down. The next photo resolved my wondering.




Triumphant Tim with only half a left leg!

We finished up our walk with a scrumdidliuptious meal in the Grove Ferry Inn. If you are ever in this part of the world, I would highly recommend having a meal here.

Our evening was filled with more friends, where we attended the leaving party of my oldest friend & her fabulous husband. They are about to embark on their biggest adventure yet, as they move to Brazil to have a baby and plant a church. They will be sorely missed by many in England, but greatly appreciated by many more in Brazil, I am sure.

Comments

  1. 1. I love that you said 'we did up walking in the complete darkness'. Is that a bit of S.E.London permeating your language?
    2. I'm telling Bec and Chantelle you called them cows.
    3. Hope you had a good time at Katie and Roberto's party. It was nice seeing you!
    Tim

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment