Martin & Helen's wedding

 {slightly mad, speedy confetti shot, but I like it}

I love weddings, especially when they are the weddings of friends who I have known since childhood. I love how some friendships endure regardless of changes in life as we transition from childhood to adulthood, move away from home, and make new friends. I have known Martin for as long as I can remember. I have fond memories of playing at his house & can remember the first time I held his baby sister, who was born a few months after my sister, when I was 7. I was so excited that finally there were some girls around (between our two families, I was the only girl, alongside 5 boys, until our sisters came along).

Although I have known Martin for most of my life, it wasn't until our teenage years that we discovered that we didn't need to hate each other, but could actually be friends. He's the friend who gave me my first (and last) drum kit, who I started university in the same city with, and the friend who played the piano as I walked up the aisle on my wedding day. 
It was such a wonderful day, celebrating Martin & Helen's marriage with old friends (who I haven't seen for such a long time that they didn't actually recognise me), and new friends.


 {the very lovely favours - poppy seeds picked from the (former) monastery  where Helen's parents live}

{the incredible cake, and Helen's second dress of the day - more practical for dancing!}

{The Abbey where the reception was held}

Blessed are you, Lord our God, for you have created joy and gladness, pleasure and delight, love, peace and fellowship. Pour out the abundance of your blessing upon Martin & Helen in their new life together. Let their love for each other be a seal upon their hearts and a crown upon their heads. Bless them in their works and companionship, awake and asleep, in joy and sorrow, in life and in death.'
{excerpt from the marriage blessing}

Comments

  1. Hannah, this is such a lovely post. Glad you all had a brilliant day! When you next see Martin please send them our love ... xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment