lemon cloud cookies


For some reason, lemons held a great appeal for me last week. Their glossy lemon skins shone out to me from the shelves at the greengrocers, so I bought four. 

When it came to my weekly baking session for school, it seemed only right to bake something lemony. Something with a little bit of spark for a Friday afternoon, but light enough not to be too filling. 

I had originally planned on making mini lemon meringues, but when I came to searching for the recipe on Joy the Baker's blog, I found myself typing lemon cloud cookies. So that is what I made.

Unfortunately they didn't turn out quite as light as air as I had hoped, and seemed to be lacking in the zing I was hoping for. So I whipped up a batch of lemon curd to accompany the cookies, which helped to add a bit more flavour. Just thinking about the leftover lemon curd sat in my fridge makes my mouth water. Yum.

Find the original recipe here. If I were to make these again, I would add more zest and perhaps a little milk to make the mixture less dense. After a little trial and error, I ended up piping the mixture to create a neater finish.

Comments