making me smile this week

One of the great joys in working with children is the way they express sentiments. Children can be the most encouraging & thoughtful characters. I am well aware that children are most definitely not always positive, cheerful and encouraging, but today, that's what I'm focusing on. On my last day of school placement last week, the class presented me with this beautiful card, complete with individual self-portraits inside.


One of the quieter girls in the class presented me with a card that had this lovely message inside:



When John read this, he laughed out loud & procalimed that she can't have met many teachers in her time. I know that I am far from being the best teacher in the world, but I love that this was her way of expressing her affection.

One of the teachers who I had the pleasure of working alongside on my last placement gave me this book:


I hope that I will thrive as well as survive.

Sunday has brought us sunshine, so I took a little stroll, and brought home some pretty wildflowers to put in my latest charity shop treat.



And last but not least on my list of things that have made me smile: drinking tall glasses of chilled water & eating mini milk ice lollies - a favourite from my childhood. I love finding joy in the little things in life.

Comments