a tiny glimpse




Ever since discovering the beauty of peonies last year, I have not been able to stop thinking about them.

As the sun started to show its face, reminding us that Spring was here, I started looking out for peony buds making their first appearances of the season. So much so, that I have found myself walking to school in the afternoons to collect the children, rather than taking my usual 2 wheeled mode of transport, just so I can search people's front gardens for my favourite flower.

I have not been disappointed. They seem to be everywhere, and I have so enjoyed watching the tight buds unfurling to reveal all of their glory, resplendant at each stage.

What has made my enjoyment of peonies even greater this year is that one of the children I look after has been as utterly taken by peonies as I have, and has taken great delight in finding they have not just one, but two peony bushes in their back garden. Each day I get an update from her on how many new buds there are. I love that I get to share my child-like excitement & appreciation of all the little things with children, and that, every now and then, they catch a bit of my excitement and run with it.

Posted by Picasa

Comments