Introducing: Mr or is it Mrs Spider


So, spiders. They're not everybody's favourite thing. I used to hate them. Now I just feel a little bit sorry for them - that they get so much stick, when all they like to do is hang out in their webs, catch some flies and have a little munch. Sure, they don't look very pretty, but they really are very clever, being able to spin such incredible webs. Webs that are beautiful in form and look even more wonderful when they've caught water droplets from the rain that decided to throw itself at their web. This little critter featured here lives at the front of my red brick house. Prime location to avoid the traffic noise found at the back of the house. Well done Mr(s) spider, well done. The time is fast approaching when I need to have a little chat to my outdoor resident, and I'm not quite sure how to break the news, so I thought I'd have a practice run on here first. Here we go...

'Hello! I'm really glad you've enjoyed living outside my front door for the last few months, taking in all the comings and going around St Werburghs, but I'm afraid I need to tell you something. I'm moving. And I'm a bit concerned that if I leave you and your glorious web here, the new residents might just ask you to leave in a not-so-friendly fashion. So I'm going to have to ask you to find a new home too. Oooh, maybe you could come with me! How would you feel about that? I'm not going very far - just up a few hills. There's lots of lovely green space at my new home which you might like. What do you think of that idea? I could find you a nice pot for transportation to keep you safe, and then you could spin another incredible web! You never know, there might be a few more friends who are just like you - so what d'you say? Do you want to come?'

Wow. I never thought I'd see the day where I wrote about a conversation with a spider! If you are new to this blog, welcome! I promise I am not always quite this mad.

I'll let you know the outcome...
Posted by Picasa

Comments