September



It's September. Everyone knows that. And for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere that means Autumn is drawing in. It seems that many people in the blogging world are welcoming Autumn with open arms, and happy to bid farewell to summer. Those people do not live in England. Once again, I feel I have been a little bit cheated by the fickle British weather. I have now come to the conclusion that we don't really get 'Summer' here. Or at least, we don't get summer as I think it should be. Endless sunny days for a couple of months a year. With guaranteed sunshine. Instead, we have 'summer' holidays that involve packing for every kind of weather. Be sure to pack layers & jumpers & socks & hats if going on holiday in England in the summer, because you never know when the weather might change. Am I moaning? I don't like moaning, but I just need to get this off my chest. The British weather has given me a thirst for sunshine that means whenever I see it, I have to drink it in, getting my fill before it goes again. I think that is partly why I now have a whole folder of photos on my laptop entitiled 'skies', filled with pictures of very blue skies. Blue skies make me happy. This blue sky graced us with its presence for almost a whole afternoon on Monday. So John & I made the most of it and paid Bradford-on-Avon a visit on our way home from the New Forest. What a lovely place it was.

Posted by Picasa

Comments