coffee & cake


Today I had the pleasure of going bike shopping with my good friend Ros. We ended up making a day of it, partly out of choice, partly out of being delayed by a certain photography establishment (I had taken the opportunity of being out and about to get my photo's from Katy & Roberto's wedding blessing printed) and having to wait for her brand new bike to be checked over. As a result of all the waiting we had to do, we ended up induldging in rather a lot of coffee & cake. While sipping away at our latte's & putting the world to rights, the music in our first choice of coffee shops caught my attention. I recognised the lyrics being sung, but could not quite put my finger on where from. Thankfully, the frustration didn't last long, and I soon realised I was listening to the dulcet tones of Mindy Smith, an artist my Dad pointed out to me a little while ago. It was quite satisfying to recognise her voice, having only heard her music on a couple of occasions. Our little expedition ended with Ros purchasing a fold-up bike (what she had been looking for) and me collecting my photos. It was with bated breath that I had handed over my films to be processed, as I have had a number of problems with this particular establishment, but also a number of surprise successes, so I breathed a sigh of relief when I finally got my films back, 2.5 hours after they were meant to be ready (the machine jammed), and saw that the photos were fine and dandy.

Comments

  1. Well done with Mindy and pleased about the photos.

    The aged P's aren't quite 100% yet, but slowly getting there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment