my latest challenge


There's something about this running malarchy...I don't quite know what but it's starting to get me to do crazy things at an alarming frequency. On November 16th, just 2 months after the Bristol half marathon, I'm going to be taking part in Hellrunner. A 12 mile trail run at Longmoor Camp which is an army training base. As if that doesn't say enough what kind of a run I'm in for, every photo and you tube video available from this run features people plastered in mud or wading through waist-deep rivers. This is taking running to a whole other level for me.

Am I prepared for it? Well, according to the man in the running shop, 'nothing can prepare you for that!' Well, I suppose that's encouraging! So yesterday I did a 10 mile run with Dan, the one responsible for me doing this, and ended up with a nice set of fat blisters, thanks to my new trail running shoes. It's going to be fun! It's just a shame no-one will be there to provide photographic evidence of me doing it.

Comments

Post a Comment