In awe of my creator


I have been sitting here, wondering what to write for probably the last 20 minutes - I haven't just been staring at my computer screen for the whole of that time - I've been perusing my photos, wondering which one to post today. I like the whole use of photos in blogging - it seems to add a lot more life to a page. A life in pictures. That's something I'd love to have - not my life, just life in general. The thing is, there's only so much you can capture in one city in one part of the world. Sure, you get a diversity of cultures, but they don't completely reflect how that culture would appear within it's original home.

The immensity of the world is one of the many things I've been thinking about this week. My friend Jo was round the other day, and was telling me about a book she's been reading about the men who landed on the moon. There are only 9 men in this world who have seen the earth from that perspective.

This got me thinking about just how immensely incredible God's creation is.
The world is so incredibly vast. It totally blows my mind to think about what else is happening on different continents right at this minute. How amazing is it that God created a world where some countries are in darkness while we are in light - while we are sleeping there are people all over the world worshipping God, their creator, and while we are worshipping, others are sleeping. We find it so hard to see past our selves. We have such an incredibly narrow perspective of, well, everything really. Even geniuses lack vast knowledge in relation to God, which is a pretty obvious thing to say, but just think about it for a moment. We really look up to and admire people who have a sum of knowledge more vast than our own, so how much more should we be in awe of God who actually knows EVERYTHING there is to know about everything. And to think that he still cares about every tear that people cry, every single person is known and loved by God. It is just so awesome. David was totally spot on when he said,

"You hem me in-behind and before
you have laid your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
Too lofty for me to attain." (Psalm 139 v.5-6)

God took care of every single aspect of creation - design to absolute perfection. He paints the skies in ways and colours that are actually indescribable. Whilst language is an absolutely incredible thing and a wonderful communicator, our words can never sum up the magnificence of God. Wow. I am amazed. It's an incredibly humbling thing to realize these things with greater revelation. To be reminded of how small I am and how unimportant my thoughts are, yet they still matter immensely to God. The fact that we can know a God who is immensely huge yet incredibly personal is phenomenal....What an awesome priviledge which we so often take for granted.

As I've been writing this I've been listening to music by a group called Mann Friday. My friend Dave introduced me to them - they are a band from Zimbabwe, and he knows one of the guys from when he lived there. They are currently in England, promoting themselves. If you follow the link, you can listen to their music. I really love it. It is so chilled. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have...

Comments