forest and flies

Realizing that I am well ahead of schedule with my essays, I thought I could warrant taking a break to update my blog, as it's been nearly a week since my last musings.

I had a lovely bank holiday Monday, spent in the Forest of Dean with a few people from church. I love taking every opportunity available to get outside and enjoy what the world has to offer.

In the evening I went to the pub with some other friends from church - people who I haven' t spent a lot of time with socially, so that was really quality, getting to know them all a bit better. Only problem was, it took me and my friend Jo an hour longer to find it that in should have! I know I don't have the best sense of direction (along with very poor maths skills - thanks for pointing out my mistake about the eggs Ben!), but I had checked the map on the internet, and the road we were looking for was most definitely NOT where the map said it was. But hey, what does it matter anyway - we got there eventually!

On Tuesday, one of my lovely flatmates returned
- so lovely to have her smiling face filling the flat with life again.
Last night I went to the pub to watch the football, of all things! I don't have a particular dislike for football, but to be honest, I'm really not bothered. But I was persuaded by my friends to come along and partake in some light banter and soak up the atmosphere. The other option was staying at home and killing the flies that seem to be taking over our kitchen and bathroom...

Comments